The Saga Continues

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Method Man Smells What The Rock's Cooking

Wu-Tang Clan's Method Man may not be fighting in the ring, but Tical recently opened up about being inspired by former professional wrestler Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

Asked to name some of his musical inspirations, Mef said Rock topped his list.
"I got so many, man. I can tell you where I get my showmanship from, what expires my showmanship on stage. Ralph Tresvant from New Edition. Great showman. Busta Rhymes. The Rock, from WWE. The way he used to cut promos--dude was like the truth when he cut promos, man," Method Man said in an interview. "Nobody can take that away from him. A lot of my stuff I get from WWE--a lot of my inspiration. Even though people know all the moves aren't real and sh*t, it's the way they sell them that makes it official. That's how I feel about my sh*t; if I can sell it, then no matter what I say, it's going to sound hot."

Source