The Saga Continues

Saturday, December 8, 2012

The Making of Wu-Tang Records Presents Myalansky, Joe Mafia & Napoleon as The Wu-Sydnicate


Weekend throwback, 

In 1999 Wu-Tang records released this album above which had VA residents and artists Myalansky, Joe Mafia & Napoleon as Wu-Syndicate, an album executively produced by The RZA. Album featured gold selling single 'Where was heaven' which was also featured the Swarm compilation. Production was from Mathematics, Dj Devastator, E The Dread, and Smokin Joeh.
This album to date is still a hidden jewels amongst fans and still praised for its innovative, unique and full rounded approach to what a classic album should sound like.

13 years later, Wu-International got with Napoleon and Myalansky to go through the making of the album, what inspired some of these gritty songs, as well as the outcome and so on, if you have not got this album then you are simply not a Wu fan.

The making of Wu-Sydnicates album...

1. Thug War [Produced by dj Devastator]:
Myalansky: Thug war was crazy because at the time i had just came home from doing a bid. My man Jamakin Peter was doing his thing and he introduced me to Dj Devastator at Daryls retaraunt in Norfolk... Dj hit me with a disc 'Where wuz heaven' track thug war track etc.. I took the disk and was in the lab bustin my pen and at the same time in the streets of portsmouth it was a war going on... My lil homie rip lil steve had got kidnap for randsome and was killed... It was ugly and inspired me to come up with that concept for that track.
Napoleon: Just like Mya said when we first got that track Jamaican Pete was suppose to be our manager at first so we got wit Devastator, heard the track and wrote something crazy but when we originally recorded it we went to a messed up studio so it didn't turn out right then Jamaican Pete got locked up so eventually we ended up linking wit Daddy O ...but Thug War was the beginning and eventually we re-recorded it and it turned out great.

2. Pointin' Fingers [Produced by Allah Mathematics]
Myalansky: We recorded this track at sound castle studio in hollywood.. Math bless us wit the track at Rza crib kenwood apt in Burbank CA.. We sat down twist up that shit and the results is pointin fingers.. I'm saying dog?
Napoleon: This song was recorded during the time I had left Cali because I had court cases to attend so while I was gone they just kept it moving but the song came out crazy typical syndicate murder.

3. Global Politics feat. 12 o'clock [Produced by Dj Devastator]: 
Myalansky: I remember it like yesterday i was sitting at the table burbank ca writing this vesre and 12 o clock walked in like yo I'm hoping on that shit.. I mean thats Ol' Dirty lil bro so we had to show the god love.. Got mad respect for Brooklyn Zoo.. Popa Chief, Shorty shit stain, Rasan the Zookeeper they some real NY street niggas no hollywood shit...dudes get it in.
Napoleon: I remember being in the studio that night Divine was there that night so I went in the booth last because I had that crazy verse last and when I came out I went over to Divine and asked him how my verse was and he said u killed it god, this joint was one of my favourites

4. VA Cats [produced by Dj Devastator]
Myalansky: The night we laid this track ODB was buggin at the studio.. He had a session wit producers ready wainting on him for hours.. He pull up in the lex truck singing then pull off never coming back to record his album..we was in studio b sound castle and just thought on this track we should rep virginia being that no one had ever heard of rap artist from va that was connected with Wu-tang.. VA was the foundation for lot of off the record events ya dig.
Napoleon: Once again I was gone back to VA but I had a chance to get on that track way back but for some reason that track just didn’t grab me so I never wrote to it but it came out crazy... "Cats be eyeing me, somebody snitching, somebody dying,  see 2500 a big 8 heard he was buying 3" ...that’s how it was.

5. Metropolis [Produced by Dj Devastator] 
Myalansky: Lol I was so high off that Cali sticky green that night I passed out in the studio when I woke up it was day time and Joe Mafia had murded the track for dolo.. I heard that shit and was like aint shit i can do to it he had already said enuff.
Napoleon: Yeah thats Joe Mafia at his best of course, he was crazy wit the bars since he was 12.

6. Golden Sands [Produced by Dj Devastator]:
Myalansky: This is when all me and Joe Mafia was chosen to be the only two faces on the cover hodling the brand Wu syndicate.
Napoleon: I was on this song at first, when u hear them saying the hook that was my hook even tho I got omitted from the song I'm glad they used my hook still

7. Crime Syndicate [Produced by Dj Devastator]
Myalansky: This was like '97 we exchanged versis over the phone infact micky mirrors was suppose to be on the track but he had charges in new york....va and new york had the bridge up crazy.
Napoleon: First song we ever had on the radio they did it on 103jamz Rock it or stop it and we was in NY and people were calling saying everybody said Rock it and it was on from there.

8. Were was heaven? [Produced by Dj Devastator]:  
 
Myalansky: You already know this was my life story as a kid. Virginia brought opportunity for a lot of hustlers, i seen a lot of blood shed aswell as the glitz and glamor of the underworld.. My nigga jamakin pete gave me the track and was like this shit is diamond cut son i will nerver forget that shit.... I sat down for weeks wit that track trying to figure out what direction i wanted to take it...one night at my baby moms crib i was puffy on some grandaddy purple and the vision became clear as i listen to the track i could hear and see the pain of the struggle and the reality of not knowing really if there was a better place than the hell the ghetto given us for so many years... Where wuz heaven.
Napoleon: Self explanatory, classic Mya, classic Syndicate.

9: Ice Age [Produced by E The Dred]:
Myalansky: Its crazy because actually Napoleon came up with the concept for this track and me and Joe Mafia just jumped on it like fuck it.
Napoleon: This was my coming out party, I got the track from Dred and wrote my verse and told Joe and Mya bout it. I didn’t do the hook until we got into the studio and I did it on the spot and the look on people faces was priceless because Mya had been doing all the hooks but I came thru wit that '22 century shit, microchip pole chamber' now its the best song on the album most say.

10: Ghetto Syringe feat. 12 O'Clock [Produced by Dj Devastator] :
Myalansky: This track was written in Cali, we was at the Kenwood apt.. Burbank Twelve o clock wasnt even on the track at first but La the Darkman was but some how through politics that changed... La the Aarkman murdered the track.
Napoleon: I said 'I pull heist like the Columbos mob lifestyle speak in codes and hieroglyphics son watch the money pile' .... Yeah everybody smashed that one.

11: Young Brothas [Produced by Dj Devastator]:
Myalansky: This was a time when we did lock outs in sound castle studio hollywood CA from 8pm to 8am. We was up all night wile devastator was cooking up tracks.. We heard this shit and was like yo thats it next thing you know we got verses laid.. Its crazy because that same morning we couldnt get back to burbank lapd had shit on lock because of the north hollywood bank robbery when two dudes was bullet proof down and banged out wit them choppers..yea we was out there at that time!
Napoleon: Thats my favorite Joe and Mya song, DJ Devastator murdered that track.

12: Weary Eyes [Produced by E the Dred] : 
 
Myalansky: Once again I think Napoleon picked this track and I just hoped on it, we shot the video in Manhattan while Nas and Puffy was shooting 'you can hate me now' around the corner...as you notice in the video you heard Napoleon verse but he was locked in virgina at the time.
Napoleon: One of the greatest songs of all times just imagine if I was home and not locked up how crazy everything would’ve been.

13: Muzzle Toe [produced by Allah Mathematics] :
Myalansky: This was us saying we married to the mob or in other words the syndicate... Bobby digital was shooting his movie at this time.. Mathamatics threw us the track we puffed on some sticky and splash the shit.

14: Ask Son [Produced by Dj Devastator]
Myalansky: Damn I was locked up in cali for Rule allah power equality charges at this time and couldnt complete my verse. Chick tried to play a nigga but Old Dirty Bastard, Daddy O and Rza... Took care of that...so when i got out i finished my vers... You better ask son?

15: Wings of Life [produced by Dj Devastator]: 
Myalansky: We was was expressing the flight we have from one level of life to the next.... Stair case to stage type shit figure deal me.

16: Lutunza [Produced by Smokin Joeh]
Myalansky: Yo I was in Virginia when I wrote this shit P town my nigga was off the blicka... Niggas cribs was gettin rushed.. Adt alarms was worthless.. The wolves was lerkin crazy...jooks was a everyday factor hands down that was the way portsmouth laid it down niggas know....should i continue?

17: Bust a Slug feat. Trigga and ill knob [Produced by Smokin Joeh]
Myalansky: We wrote this shit one night at Shaq studio with Trigga from MMO, Him and his click hopped on it and we shot the video in Brooklyn...

18: The Hit [Produced by Smokin Joeh]
Myalansky: Yea the hit was witten as we exchanged versis over the phone then we went up in the studio and laid it.. Aint too many ways to describe the concept of that... It is what it is. 
Napoleon: "Trial of the century, nosey bitches from 50 states, feds walked in wit 10 videotapes" ..from that moment on the song takes u inside the minds of mob bosses explaining their thought processes it was ill.

All in all the album was a classic and I played a major role in putting it all together everybody know that deep down inside their heart. I couldn't be on the cover because I was locked up but I’m on the inside of the cover but if I was home trust me we would’ve been triple platinum. I give shouts to all that was there tho they need to do an A&E documentary on it its that real and if done right 9 figures would’ve been the outcome.